Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Basil.



Basil. This summer I grew basil...and boy did it grow! I cut it down 4 times and it continued to flourish.

Today I cut it down for the last time, and this is what I was left with. While I absolutely LOVE basil, I definitely can't use all of this at one time. Last year, I tried to dry my basil, but it didn't work out too well.

Sooo this year I'm trying something different. I found this idea in my Food network magazine.


All my basil! 

I used my salad spinner to wash...




Spinning action!

Laid it out and pressed down to get rid of excess water..









Cut off the leaves (or pinch)...




Stems and leaves

Run it through one more time..

Food processor, Olive oil, Ice cube trays


Add basil and a tablespoon of EVOO

Looks like wet grass!

Use a tsp to measure basil into ice tray...



Pour water over the basil and fill tray



After it is frozen!

Put it in a ziplock bag and store in the freezer





























Whenever you are cooking, just pull out as much basil as you need and allow it to defrost.


No comments:

Post a Comment