Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ever have a day where a million things go wrong? Yes, we all have.

Well, Friday I woke up super excited to go shopping for Fall clothes and later doing some baking (two of my fav things). But somewhere in the middle Shawn got sick, my car battery died while I was out shopping, Shawn's direct deposit was messed up so he didn't get paid. That's just to name a few.

I was excited to try this pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe, but the craziness of the day caught up with me, so I was rushed to put everything together. Even so, I did have a chance to snap a few pics along the way....


Butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin mixture
All my spices were whole. I am thankful for one of my fav kitchen utensils, my microplane!

I split the dough in half and mixed in half just chocolate chip...

....and half white chocolate and milk chocolate chips


All baked!

Yum. More of a cakey cookie, but still pretty good!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (foodnetwork)


Ingredients


Directions

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray or line them with parchment paper.
Using a mixer, beat the butter until smooth. Beat in the white and brown sugars, a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time, then mix in the vanilla and pumpkin puree. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves. Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds. Stir in the chips. Scoop the cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheets and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are browned around the edges. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let them rest for 2 minutes. Take the cookies off with a spatula and cool them on wire racks.

Results? Well, upon taking them out of the oven I wasn't sure. Because of the pumpkin, they were a bit more dense than your average chic chip cookie. But they were definitely a hit among friends. I think I liked them even better second day-a super moist cookie with a hint of pumpkin. 

Changes I made: I doubled the spices. Reviews said it was a good idea to, so I did. Also, I baked mine for just 13 min, but that's because my oven is super hot. 

So, needless to say, our horrible, terrible, no good very bad day got much better.

Try these for an easy Autumn cookie that everyone will enjoy. What's your favorite Fall dessert?

No comments:

Post a Comment