Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Oatmeal

So yes, I'll admit it.

I give into the hype of the seasonal flavors.

Who doesn't though? I love the idea that I can only get pumpkin at a particular time of the year (even if that's not entirely true).

In my last blog, I shared a recipe for pumpkin cream puffs. In the recipe, it doesn't call for an entire can of pumpkin puree. So what do we do with the rest?

Well don't throw it away! Even if it's just a few spoonfuls, it can surely make your morning more enjoyable.

Try adding that pumpkin to some oatmeal. TRUST ME, it will transform your breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, but at 10:30 at night as I'm typing this, I am craving this stuff.



Here's the simple recipe I used. I didn't have any honey (sad, I know) so I'll admit I did add a bit of sugar. I also added my current favorite seasonal spice, pumpkin pie spice. This breakfast will make you look forward to your morning, and will also keep you super full until lunch. Do try, it's way too easy and way to delish to not try.

Happy Fall breakfast!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment