Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Breakfast Casserole

Finally something that doesn't have pumpkin in the name....

Breakfast. It's wonderful. I made this a few weeks ago when I had an entire cartoon of eggs that were soon to expire. Instead of making a ginormous omelet, I opted for something baked.

This is ridiculously easy to make too, and would be awesome for a holiday breakfast or to take to a brunch, or just for dinner. Because everyone loves breakfast for dinner. :)


Get some sausage. Or bacon. Or even ham. Whatever you prefer
I cooked my sausage (according to directions on package) along with 1/2 an onion. The sausage was maple flavored, so I figured this would infuse some of the maple in the onions. It did. :)

This might not look super appealing but whatever meat you use, chop it up nicely. 

Set aside meat. Crack 12 eggs and whisk together. Add some salt and pep.

Gather additional ingredients: 15 oz Ricotta, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 cups italian cheese, and 13x9 baking dish.

Stir in all ingredients in a large bowl with eggs. Fold in meat. Pour mixture into 13x9 dish. Bake on 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. 
Yum!!


This was Shawn's. He wanted toast. This was very good, and I actually liked how the maple added some sweetness. If you wanted to make it even more italian, do some italian ham, add some tomatoes and peppers. That'd be good too. We ended up having so much that I took it to our teens during sunday school. They were fans too.


Try it! You could even do a half size which would be perfect for two.


No comments:

Post a Comment