Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkin Banana Bread

Return of the pumpkin! You know I couldn't leave it alone for too long.

I had some quickly ripening bananas, and wanted to try out my homemade puree on something that wouldn't be insanely devastating if I ruined it.

Sounds like I had little faith in my puree? Well, I was a bit hesitant.

But this bread was quite the opposite of a disappointment. You're going to want to try this. Like, right now.

Oh, and this would pair WONDERFULLY with my breakfast casserole. Bfast casserole and pumpkin banana bread? Perfect combo for a holiday breakfast. Your guests might just forget that old turkey! (absurd thought, right?)


Preheat oven to 350. Gather your dry ingredients: 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 2/3 cup sugar (could do 1 cup), 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1 tsp cinnamon)

Butter your 8 1/2x 41/2 loaf pan! Or spray with Pam

Combine all your dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl

Stir together


Now gather your wet ingredients! 2 ripe bananas, 2 eggs, 1/4 of vegetable (or canola) oil, and 1 cup pumpkin puree. I pulled my puree out of the freezer about 1 hr before

In another medium sized bowl, mash your two nanners (thats what we used to can bananas :)) with a fork

All mashed! Now add pumpkin, two eggs, and oil

Mix until combined with an electric mixer

On a low/medium-low setting, slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet. Mix just until combined.

Extra: Fold in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips....this makes it extra good!

Ready to go!

Pour into loaf pan...

Bake on 350 for 45min-1 hr. Oh my word, doesn't this look amazing?

So insanely...

DELICIOUS! 

I couldn't wait too long. I cut a piece and added some yogurt butter...oh my sooo good!!

Results? You want to try this. I didn't want mine too sweet, especially since I was adding the chocolate chips, but if you prefer it a little sweeter, go for 1 cup of sugar. The oats add a nice nutty flavor, without the nuts. Of course, you could always throw some of your fav nuts in. Here's where I found the original recipe. 

Happy baking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment