Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thanksgiving Centerpieces



Centerpieces. They add so much to a table. Of course, the food is what is most important, and the people you are sharing it with, but a nice centerpiece can definitely set the atmosphere.

I have a crystal bowl that my great-grandmother gave me for our wedding. It's gorgeous in itself, but making it seasonal adds a ton too.

For this centerpiece, I bought a bag of small pumpkins for $2.99 at Walmart. I arranged them around the inside of the bowl, and stuck a big white candle in the middle. Then I added some additional color with some dried green hydrangeas from our plant outside. You could change it up and use gourds, add some pretty colorful leaves, or whatever you have on hand. If you don't have a pretty bowl, you may even be able to get away with using a nice glass mixing bowl.

After thanksgiving, I'll change it out and throw in some bright colorful Christmas balls. I'll keep the candle though.

SUPER EASY!



No comments:

Post a Comment