Pages

My attempts at cooking, baking and sharing those experiences with you.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Drying Herbs (Part 2)



 So after drying your herbs for 2-3 weeks, it's time to check on them! Here's my rosemary.

Oh, and here's a link to the first post on my herbies.



And my parsley 




I untied it and spread it all out



Then I pulled the leaves off the stem, very easy. I left some on though because the stems have lots of flavor so if you are roasting something it's nice to add the whole piece of rosemary

It's like the Charley Brown tree!



I stuck the rosemary in a ziplock bag, because I'll most likely be using it in the neat future. I chopped up the parsley really fine and added it to my almost empty parsley spice jar. I stored both in cool, dry places. 

No comments:

Post a Comment